1) The National Park Service “Welcome Center” has been moved to the corner of the Peace Garden lot. It is the domed area with the NPS arrowhead and images.
2) US Navy Band will perform on Friday, 30 August 2013, at 7 pm. People should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
3) Saturday, 30 August – 2 pm presentation at the Niagara Center on the War of 1812 through Music and Dance and the 1812 Dance Workshop
4) Re-enactment “Swearing in Ceremony” – Monday, September 2
–This was scheduled (and printed) as 8 am at the Monument. It is now a registration and happening at the Niagara Center.
–A “Welcome Back” ceremony has been added; to be held at the Monument plaza at 4 pm.
5) WPIB will be streaming LIVE TV coverage of the battle re-enactment on Monday, 2 September 2013. Coverage starts at 11:30 am on Monday.
6) There is some confusion about the OSU Marching Band Performance on the grounds of Perry’s Monument on Sunday, September 1. It is listed as 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. depending on where you look. Those interested should be on the grounds at 8 pm. This will have people there for the start of the performance. If they are a little early, they may get a chance to see the band march in! Plan to bring lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy this performance.