Lake Erie Islands Conservancy will participate in Giving Tuesday again this year on November 28. If anyone is interested in sending a story to this contest below, it could lead to a prize of $10,000 for your favorite nonprofit!
MyGivingStory is a social media storytelling contest created to foster a public conversation about giving and to inspire more people to give. From now through the end of November, we encourage you to share stories about how and why you give to the causes you care about. We will be handing out a number of prizes throughout the month, with the winning story writers receiving grants up to $10,000 to give to their favorite nonprofit organization!
It’s easy to enter. Just submit your story here and follow these three steps to start gathering votes:
- Write or record your MyGivingStory: Think of a story, experience, or person that inspired you to give, choose which format you will use to tell your story (written essay or video), and write or record your story.
- Post your story: Go to our contest page and click on “Submit Here.” Select the nonprofit that would receive a grant if your story wins and upload your story.
- Share your story on social media! The more votes you get, the better your chances of winning one of our prizes! Direct people to vote in the online gallery. The 30 stories with the most votes will become the Finalists.
Some additional tips and requirements:
- MyGivingStory is open to legal residents of the U.S. who are age 13 and older.
- Written entries must be between 150 and 1,200 words and may include a photo.
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes in length and under 100 MB in one of the following formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2.
- All entries must be original, unpublished works.
- Only one entry per entrant.
There’s no time like the present! Submit your story today and share so we can help celebrate how and why you give back!
– The GivingTuesday Team