Marge and Bob Nemec were married on August 5, 1950. They honeymooned on South Bass Island for two weeks. The first week’s celebration was in a rental cottage. The second week they camped using a WWII green-canvas Army tent in South Bass Island State Park. A few years later they purchased a lot on Mitchell Road from Thomas Duff for $800. Soon afterwards they built a small cottage.
Today, Bob & Marge continue to get their money’s worth from that purchase. Their advice for a long marriage?
Come to Put-in-Bay whenever possible!