Mr. Marvin Booker, an esteemed island entrepreneur, has purchased and delivered to South Bass Island USCG 40′ Utility Boat 40587, on which he served as a young man. The vessel is a Mark IV Mod 1 Steel Twin Screw which operated out of Lorain on Lake Erie. It was decommissioned in 1982. Mr. Booker has completed several upgrades and intends to operate tours starting in 2022. Click images to enlarge!
Dear Put-in-Bay Boaters,
Park Place Boat Club, at The Boardwalk and The Keys, welcomes you! We provide fuel, mooring, and docks for visitors to South Bass Island.
Next week South Bass Island hosts BASH on the BAY. Blake Shelton and Keith Urban are the headliners. The following information will properly serve boaters who desire to be in Put-in-Bay Harbor during concert days:
- Boardwalk Docks and Mooring Balls are STRICTLY first-come, first serve. NO RESERVATIONS.
- Early arrivals must pay in advance for the entire duration of the stay. NO REFUNDS.
- Vessels must stay in the docks or mooring field. They can be left unattended for only TWO DAYS.
- Registering, then leaving a dinghy or life vest on a mooring ball, or a line at the dock is not permitted.
- Water taxi service will operate between 8am and MIDNIGHT on 8/25 and 8/26. Last trip at 11:45pm!
For additional information, contact BoardwalkHarbor “at” gmail.com or (419) 285-6183.
USCG Cutter NEAH BAY (WTGB-105) is a 140 foot Bay Class Icebreaking Tug homeported in Cleveland, OH. Unit missions include Icebreaking, Homeland Security, Light House projects, Law Enforcement, and Public Affairs. The NEAH BAY serves throughout the entire Great Lakes system.
Put-in-Bay Mooring Field, operated by Boardwalk Harbor Operations on behalf of the Put-in-Bay Port Authority, filled all 81 moorings in the field on Saturday and Sunday. Independence Day fireworks, set to go off at 10pm tonight, will provide a magical illumination over Put-in-Bay Harbor–especially grand for boaters in the mooring field!